Monday 5 October 2015

Francie Lanoo's Ideal Shoe: The Ongoing Pursuit

As mentioned in my first blog, just like Francie Lanoo in IF NOT 4 U and Some Shoes, I’m actively hunting for my ideal shoe—one that best reflects me as a person, one that relays without words a great story about me. I haven’t yet fully defined it, but when I do, I’m pretty sure most of its characteristics will overlap with Francie Lanoo’s (except for the color because I’m very partial to the very versatile, endlessly chic, and understated hue of black).
I did a massive amount of shoe-browsing while I was writing IF NOT 4 U and Some Shoes: meandering through shoe boutiques, flipping through fashion magazines, scouring the Internet, glancing at other women’s footwear choices. In my head I already knew what Francie’s ideal shoe looked like, but I was curious to know if a tangible equivalent actually existed out there (again, just as Francie does in the book).
It wasn’t until many months after I’d completed the writing of IF NOT 4 U and Some Shoes (January 2015, to be specific) that I purchased an InStyle magazine and, low and behold, happened upon a shoe that came very near to matching the one I’d written about. It’s called the Guilietta Loretta (picture shown below), and it’s amazing/awesome/fabulous. The only aspect about it that differs from the shoe described in the book is the color; Francie’s is (spoiler alert) fuchsia, and the Loretta’s comes in lavender, orange or yellow.
Because the Guilietta Loretta came so close to turning fiction into reality, I felt an overwhelming need to own a pair. And so I started searching, and searching, and searching. Sadly though, by August 2015, I was still empty handed.
Unwilling to give up, I decided to email the Giulietta’s sales office in New York to request a direct purchase. A few days later, a gracious sales representative named Dajana responded with news: the shoe was sold out, everywhere on the planet. Evidently I'd failed to heed Francie Lanoo’s advice featured on the last page of IF NOT 4 U and Some Shoes.  Which is really sad because I wrote that advice!
Moving forward, I guess my only hope in finding the Guilietta Loretta is via a re-seller, like Ebay. Speaking of: does anyone out there have a pair that they’d be willing to part with? Pretty please!?? In size US-7, any color??
On a related note, out of curiosity, has anyone out there come across another shoe style that they think matches the descriptors for Francie Lanoo’s ideal shoe? If soI would love to hear about it. Especially if the referenced shoe is purchasable :)photo-34.

No comments:

Post a Comment